Thursday, October 30, 2008

stream of consciousness(2)

Today at work is so deathly quiet, I am taking my 15 minute break (which I rarely do) to jot down a few thoughts running through my brain. SO prepare for lack of theme, organization or creativity in what you're about to read...

There's so much going on and everything seems medical or financial - the two categories I despise most wholeheartedly. I've been catching up on some much needed and ignored doctors visits, getting the dreaded ones out of the way. Now there are a zillion follow-ups I have to do. Blood work for normal crap, blood work for my surgery, physicals, ultrasounds, prescriptions, choosing what antibiotic and pain pills I need (isn't that the doctor's job?!)...

The list goes on and becomes more awkard, so I'll stop there. I'm starting to think that my boss may suspect I'm lying about 'doctors appointments', because I've had so many. Eep. I'm not, I swear it.

My car inspection is coming up and a rough estimate of "probably wont pass" items comes to about $2,0o0. Supah. I have about $250 saved. I'm about 10% of the way there, and have 30 days left.

Good news! My new neighbor, Sean, allowed one of his friends to borrow his truck on Tuesday night. That friend apparently got drunk, and came home wasted; slamming through my front porch and into the back of my Beastie trying to get into his parking spot. Observe:


The damage doesn't look all that terrible, but the total estimate I got yesterday is $998. Yowch. I do feel a little bad, especially since Sean is being cool about it all, and not leaving his insurance information in my mailbox this morning like he said he would. I even made him a folder with the estimates, all clearly divided and labeled with post-it's. I put it in a red folder, because red usually means power, and I want him to know I mean business. Red also makes you hungry, so maybe he'll eat the estimate instead of reading it.

Digging back a little further, I had a great birthday. I didn't get to go to Frightened Rabbit, but its cool. Everything else made up for it. I got all my hair cut off (it took 4 hours and a $26 parking ticket - poop - which i still need to pay...) but you probably already saw or know. I LOVE it. I don't know if everyone is lying, but 95% of the feedback I've gotten on it is positive. Observe:

Being 27 isn't all it's cracked up to be, though. I realized this morning that I have Tennis Elbow/Shoulder from how I steer my car with my left arm, and hold my coffee with my right while I navigate the twists and turns of the Kennett Square Parking Garage. Super pathetic.

Speaking of the Kennett Square Parking Garage, you know how birds fly into glass because they either dont see it, or they're attacking their own likeness because they see it as a threat? Yeah, there was a squashed pigeon on the sidewalk a few weeks ago as I was heading home, a casualty of transparency I'll assume. After I got to the 4th floor, I about peed myself when I discovered the scene of the incident:

Eat that, National Geographic

I guess it's sad, but I ain't no hippie, and I laughed really hard at this, by myself, for about 10 solid minutes. I hope KSqPD picked that up on their video cameras.

No comments: