Wednesday, April 22, 2009

introspective city!

For years I've told myself that I don't fear anything.   

Recently, I've found this notion to be false.  

Tongiht, in light of recent events, I took some time to write down everything I am afraid of. I gave myself one hour, and went at it; stream-of-consciousness style.  

I thought that opening my mind to my blog isnt a horrible idea.  This is my personal place to say ..what *I* want!  I do hope you understand.  So.  Here goes, as was jotted alongside the road \ in my moleskine notebook:

  • losing my best friend
  • my brother joining the army
  • my brother going to afghanistan
  • my brother dying 
  • losing my job
  • staying in the same job for another 5 years
  • being broke
  • being too alone
  • gaining too much weight
  • going too crazy
  • crashing in a plane
  • hitting a deer
  • cancer, again
  • the supernatural
  • being stagnant and uncreative/boring
  • lack of appropriate degree
  • never being able to wear heels again
  • not looking/being attractive
  • compromising myself to give into my fears
  • coming off as weak
  • running out of money
  • never learning how to grow up
  • alcoholism/addiction
  • disease/promiscuity
  • being unwanted
  • annoying the ones I love
  • dying with no offspring
  • finding someone
  • not wanting children
  • do I travel enough?
  • seeing the world while I can
  • being content where I am/wanderlust
  • losing my family to something else
  • losing my friends to something else
  • my family making poor financial decisions
  • investments
  • opinions of my work supervisors
  • not having a passion, not caring
  • facial hair
  • ebola
  • biological warfare
  • going to places alone
  • math
  • STD's
  • the dark- why am I so afraid? 
  • anxiety attacks in meetings/social situations
  • being a disappointment to family
  • bringing a man home to my parents
  • meeting that man
  • facing commitment
  • making life mistakes in general
  • becoming too comfortable
  • becoming too comfortable alone
  • being on medication
  • babies
  • infection
  • no one wants to hear my fears
  • and my worries
  • sinning
  • lack of religion
  • not appearing to be happy
  • not being happy


So, that's that. Pure from the heart. 





Video credit: CHUCK

No comments: