Thursday, August 14, 2008

Notorious P.I.P.


Pretty In Pink: NOT.

I made the huge mistake of wearing a pink shirt for the first time to the office today. It's a cute shirt, its stretchy with 70's-tux-esque ruffles across my breasty region. If I had my camera cable here, I'd take a picture and post for you, but you'll have to use your imagination for now.

So anyway, seriously everyone who sees me/walks by my desk is "AWWWWWWWWW, Jojo, pink is definitely your color! Why don't you ever wear pink? You should buy more pink stuff!".

That kind of fawning makes me uncomfortable, as though I did this just to garner attention and begin my conversion from the dark-side to the pink-side. Seriously. I thought I was the Anti-Pink. Just because I have a lot of black clothes and black hair does not make me depressed. Seriously, unless I'm mocking something or wearing it out of spite, or something cooky like an entirely pink suit with matching pink shoes - its just not my color of choice.

I think what scares me the most is when someone sees a girl wearing pink, they expect her personality to have the same high-fructose corn syrup qualities as their hue. Not the case with me. For those of you who are lucky enough to know me-know me (gnomey, hahha), you're aware that I'm probably one of the most cynical and sarcastic bastards ever.

Maybe in my old age, I should start going for shock and awe. Maybe I'll start adding more pastels to my wardrobe and see what happens? Maybe it'll get me more friends and a boyfriend and maybe I'll even get matching lipgloss and a tiny, fluffy white dog. Maybe, maybe I'll start shopping at Express. Oh, the horror.

No comments: