Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Soothing Sounds of Bonesaws

As you may or may not know/care, I am getting surgery on muh feets (reference, HERE).


I scheduled it for November 14th. The only other available dates were October 17th, or October 31st. One of those days is my birthday, the other is my brothers birthday, AND my favorite holiday. No way I'm missing that.


The guy who is doing the procedure is completely freaking awesome, nice, easy to talk to, and everyone says hes the BEST. He's the best in my mind because he's going to give me pretty feets, one toe at a time. I present to you, Dr. Kevin DiAngeles:

When I was in for my last consult, I asked Dr. D what I should expect for the actual procedure? Would they put me out completely? Would they just numb my foot? Here's how the conversation went:


Dr. D: "We'll heavily sedate you, and give you a local in your foot. We'll also fit you with an ankle tourniquet so you wont bleed heavily when we use the bone saw."

The Joj: "Huhscuse me?"

Dr. D: "...Yeah, you'll practically be asleep, but this kind of surgery doesn't require full anesthesia."

The Joj: "BONE SAW?"

Dr. D: "Thats how we cut bones. The whole procedure shouldnt take more than 90 minutes. Two hours, tops."

The Joj: "Will I be able to hear it? I have some anxiety issues, I think this might really push me over the edge if I can hear you sawing through my bones."

Dr. D: "Probably. But you'll be so sedated you wont really mind, I think. Anxiety usually isnt an issue."

The Joj: "Oh."


So, yeah. The deal is, Ima charge the heck out of my ipod and build a killer surgery-masking playlist. No Bonecutter Records jokes, please. I'm being totally serious. I don't necessarily need help or need new music, I just wanted to tell you because its absolutely f$#ing disgusting that I will get to hear my own bones being cut. I wonder if it sounds like a dentist's drill, or maybe more like a chainsaw. I wonder if I'll be able to smell the bone smoke.
:-\

1 comment:

Bone Junior said...

Oh my gosh Lady, that just made me throw up in my mouth a little. I suggest you put a picture of someone attractive on the ceiling for you to look up at...like Keanu Reeves.