Monday, October 6, 2008

Hot Chip Makes My Heart Flip

Was hands-down, the best show I've ever been to.



(Sorry, my audio quality is rubbish, but you get the idea.)

It was great, Teets drove us into the city. My BA (Bridge Anxiety) is much more manageable when I'm not at the helm. We got upstairs to the adult area @ the Troc, parked our sweet tushes in a primo front balcony spot. Every time I blinked a new drink appeared. It was like the city turned me into some sort of magical genie, unaware of her own powers. (Or those of her loving & doting best friend.)

Before I knew it, the opening "band" (I never know what to call them when they're non-traditional/electronic musicians. Act? Group? Troop? I sound like I'm 80 when I use any of those words. Suggestions are welcome.) finished and I was chair dancing like a maniac and drooling for Alexis Taylor. Wrestlers came on near the end of the night, and I simultaneously shot my feet out, squeeled and urinated a tiny bit. I've never been so excited to hear one song.

Magical Genie Powers led to this

By the encore, I drug Teets downstairs so he could get the "crowd experience". Surrounding ourselves by sweaty, likely-drug-induced wonderfulness and feeling the power of 5 men and their magical mixings. Ah man. So good.

The Hot Chip show also marked the kick-off to Phase One of Celebration du Joj'. The 2 and a half week long celebration of my life. I'm starting to accept October and the colder weather, partially because I am so distracted by the awesomeness of the people around me.

__

In strange and unsettling news, my grandmother had a heart attack on Friday. She's doing ok, I went to visit her in the hospital yesterday and had hand sanitizer all over my face by the time I left.

Yesterday my mom told me that Mommom (my grandmother) was prepping for a cardio catheterization procedure (which is where they put a tube inside the large artery in your leg, it travels up into your heart and they're able to scrape out the plaque. Gag!) requested that I be the person who makes the decision to "pull the plug" when the time comes, if she should ever be on life support. I guess she was nervous, thinking something may go wrong. She made the comment that her son, my uncle, would never pull the plug. And also said that my mother, her daughter, would only give her a day or two before turning off the lights. B-r-utal!

Everyone I've told about this is like "Oh God! That's awful.". You know what though? I am kind of touched she'd pick me. Put everything aside you know about me having a fascination with disturbia, this is completely different. And serious. There's a woman who is choosing me, her grand daughter with black hair and a tattoo, over her own son and daughter, brothers and sisters, to make a decision so monumental. Someone thinks I'm that wise, and that much of a good decision maker? Wow. Of course I hope it never ever comes to that, and I dont like thinking about it - still, I'm really... honred.

Point-being: I now have a power complex, and am taking applications to be your life-keeper. I mean, if you want. I've got experience :)

No comments: