Monday, November 24, 2008

Admission Is Theraputic

We all do things we're not proud of, because it makes us feel good.  Typically, these acts are referred to as "guilty pleasures".  I happen to have a lot of them. 

The worst is when the guilty pleasure is attainable in a public forum, and you forget to be sneaky about it.  

My office has packets of hot chocolate mix, available in both regular and sugar-free.  Holy crap, sugar-free!  Its like a guiltless pleasure that you bet your britches I'll find a way to guilt-ify!  

I discovered that if you put a packet of the mix in the bottom of your mug and add the coffee or hot water on top of it, it kinda turns into a sludge when you take care to stir just above it, very gingerly.  After the liquid is consumed, you're left with about a teaspoon of what resembles brownie mix at the bottom of your mug.  You can then use your tiny plastic straw stirrer thing to nibble at the sludge and my GOD is it yumaroo. 

I do the brownie sludge thing every few weeks, its definitely not something I could handle on a daily basis.  I realized in secret that Kate does it too.  

Its all well and good until you're uber focused on a task, and you take your last swig of hot chocolate, with Derek the unseen ninja standing behind you.  

His face is washed over with a look of horror  and he loudly exclaims "Oh my God, Jojo!  What is that in your cup?"

Me:  "What?  You startled me, why do you sneak up like that?"  (grabs cup and attempts to hide it)  "What cup?  Its nothing!  It's just, I had hot chocolate.  And sometimes it gathers at the bottom, that powder stuff, I guess I didnt stir well enough.  Don't worry about it!"

Derek:  "Wow, you must have forgotten to stir it completely, thats disgusting!"

Me:  (Turns red and feels forced to, so she discard her unconsumed sludge, admitting that she agrees its disgusting.)

I wanted so desperately to tell him that Kate does it too, but I thought it wouldnt be fair.  I would like to think that other people wouldn't rat me out on my weird.  

I was just dumb enough to get caught. 

I dont like ninjas. 

No comments: