Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hypothesis? Fail.

Let's say that I used to see someone who might be a quasi-famous-person now.

Let's say he got married a few years ago, and I attempted to congratulate him through email but received no response. Twice.

Let's say that I had some free time during lunch today and was shopping for books and DVDs to keep me entertained during surgery recovery.

Let's say that I stumbled across one of the things this guy is famous for is available for inexpensive purchase on the internet.

Let's say that I was intrigued enough by the actual product to order it. No really, it looks good.

Let's say that I didn't do my research, and now realize that the site I ordered it from is a 3rd party broker, and the actual product is shipped from the product owner.

Let's say that I am terrified because aforementened quasi-famous-person is quite likely that lattermentioned private seller, who will recognize me when he receives my name and shipping address and will likely think I am obsessive and stalking him because I've emailed him twice and am apparently "searching for him on the internet".

I'm an idiot. All I wanted were some Roald Dahl books.

No comments: