Monday, January 26, 2009

Chances are, you've already read this.

25 Things You Might Not Know About The Joj:

1. During my first month in college, I referred to my best friend by the wrong first name. His real name was Scott, but I called him Drew, because of his screen name. It took him a few weeks to bring it up, as I recall. 

2. I despise mint chocolate chip icecream, but crave it when I'm sick. 

3. I don't want to learn how to play Poker, or drink white wine. I think both are sorely over-fashioned.

4. I name every statue, robot, animal, and toy I own. Sometimes even personifying abnormal things, and naming them too. Like my car, Beastie.

5. Its a rare occasion that I will answer the phone while I'm driving, standing in line, or am in the company of someone else. I think it can be dangerous/inconsiderate. So, in essence, i'll probably only answer when I'm home alone, or when I'm going through the car wash. 

6. 70% of my best friends live more than 100 miles away. 

7. I really like bitterly-flavored things. (Hoppy beers, dark olives, rotten cheeses.)

8. Consuming pecans, walnuts, or high amounts of citric acid (like sour candies) will make the inside of my mouth swell and peel. It's sexy, I do it all the time. 

9. I'm only a sucker for romantic songs which are sung by male vocalists.

10. Sometimes I introduce myself to strangers (whom I never intend to meet again) as "James", and explain how it is indeed a name for girls.

11. If i was in a survival situation, I am pretty sure I'd make it out alive unless it involved snow or water. With snow, I would fall asleep because a freezing death is the least painful. Out of all the ways to go, I don't think I'd mind that so much. Its ironic, I hate the cold. With water, I would be frightened so bad, I would probably die from that - even before the sharks got there.

12. Every time I leave a loved one, or hang up the phone while talking to a loved one, I say "I love you". I thought that was fairly common practice, but I've found that among my peers, it is not. 

13. "I love you" were my first words.

14. I have to tuck my hands into something tight to fall asleep. I usually have to wear something with deep pockets, or cram my hands under my pillow if I'm sleeping on my belly, and twist them up in the sheets. 

15. 90% of my belongings in my home were inherited. 

16. I'm scared to death of the dark, but love sleeping in it. 

17. I adore "The Thong Song", for far too many reasons to list. None of those reasons are what you're imagining. 

18. I usually brush my teeth with hot water, and I let it run the entire time. I'm an environmentally conscious hypocrite.

19. I can offer an herbal or homeopathic remedy for almost any malady or illness without referencing a book or the interwebs.

20. I didn't like over-easy eggs, green olives, or chicken wings until 2008. 

21. I'm uneasy with the thought of receiving an expensive engagement ring one day, because I'll likely lose or break it. 

22. I'd like to explore becoming a Quaker, if I ever get serious about religion.

23. I have an unusual and ill-advised love affair with cotton swabs. Must be paper stem, Q-Tip brand when affordable. 

24. Ultra Fine Sharpies are my premiere writing instrument. I have received Ultra Fine Sharpie multi-packs as a gift every birthday for the last 5+ years. I am surprised and pleased every year. 

25. I am thrilled to not have any female siblings. I love having brothers, more than anything else in the world.

No comments: