Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Water?




You've probably heard about all the fires in Coatesville.  At this point, it's got coverage on National news and there's no solution in sight.  

I can always count on my family to get lawmakers motivated.  Mom's the one in this video, wearing a brown hat, outdoors. 

I'm going to go to the Coatesville City Council meeting tomorrow with my fam, if for nothing else,  to take pictures and videos, and watch people get angry.  I'm not a city resident, but my heart is there... despite the nay-sayers (and there are a lot of them), Coatesville was a culture-rich place to grow up. 

Mom is right, this really is a desperate situation.  My dad doesn't sleep at night, I'm sure he's not alone.  The current advice from the city and local law enforcement to residents is to "keep porch lights on", and "get dogs".  Get dogs?  Seriously?  Most of the residents are renters and are not permitted to have pets.  If they were, I'd love to see what PETA would have to say about leaving them outside all night in sub-zero temperatures.  I'm of the opinion of putting bear traps in the back yard.  That is, if you don't have kids or pets.  And make sure you post a notice on your fence that your yard is trapped so you dont get sued later for trying to defend your home. 

On a positive note, I have to give props to the people I've seen on the news, for not being ghetto, and for reppin' the city in a good light.  

It's insanely scary to know that your family is in such danger, for no good reason. 

Stay tuned for pictures from tomorrow's meeting. 

3 comments:

Bone Junior said...

I saw Senor Searles!

Dr Zibbs said...

Crazy!

(another West Chester blogger here)

Anonymous said...

I too was impressed by how not ghetto that was. .