Saturday, January 10, 2009

God Bless Gender Roles

As I spent a good majority of my first walking-Saturday at home, and was pretty mobile, I started to really appreciate taking care of my nest again. I cleaned, cooked yummy stuff, listened to Bon Iver on loop for about 5 hours, did a ton of laundry and burned a likely 3 pounds of incense.

I also came across a number of the gifts I received during Christmas this year and just had to show a few of them off:

Charity Foundation George has found a home upon my favorite chair.



I've been getting tremendous amounts of use out of m'new camera! Look, I don't even have to use my hands. It's magic.




This? This is a slow-cooker. I've used it 3 times already. By the smell of my house, you'd think I was Polish. NOM NOM pork roasts!
(...Behind it is a Victory growler which is severely underused.)




Malkovich & Divine: No commentary needed.




My newest centerbot.




Kate calls 'em like she sees 'em.




Last but not least, this beaut' was hand-made by my dad. I asked for a necklace holder to organize the massive amounts of jewelery that was mostly unwearable as it was balled up in a box. I honestly envisioned mug hooks in a flat piece of wood. As you can see, Dad does not do the bare minimum.
Look closely, he attached a cameo and a custom beveled mirror. Dang.


There's more, but most of them are practical items, or I took them to work and they're not laying around for me to photograph.

My point is, thank you to everyone. I'm a happy homemaker, when my surroundings make me think of you.

No comments: