Friday, January 2, 2009

t=c(5) =:(

My Sentiments Exactly

Today marks five full weeks of being a cripple. I know that my friends are tired of giving me special treatment, and I am tired of it too. I'm pretty sure the vein of resentment is beginning to flow rich with frothy spite.
I have no desire to do anything fun. I've grounded myself for the weekend so that I can save money and hopefully clean a bunch. (Note: It takes 10x as long to complete a task, when you have the use of one leg!)

Today also marks a completely worthless day of my life. The office is dead, and I'm again using my lunchbreak to blog-droll all of my drivel because I'm bored with catching up on work that no one appreciates, and I've already eaten my delightful Kashi Coconut Chicken & Lemongrass. (Nom!)

New Years Eve was fun, me and my cronies spent 16 hours in a cabin in the woods, and it was quite nice. I got lots o'pictures and videos - many of which I can not post. You can check out the passable ones a la Facebook. Here's a taste:


I got home around 11a yesterday and promptly fell asleep. I woke up around 7p, and started in on a marathon of Myth Busters, followed by another of The Cosby Show.
The Cosby Show has always helped me by boosting personal positivity, simultaneously making me question my self-worth. For example:

Me: Bill Cosby (nee: William Henry Cosby) dropped out of high school in the 10th grade?
My Brain: At least I graduated high school and went on to college.

Me: Yeah, but now he's a doctor and his wife is a lawyer and they're loaded living in Manhattan in a huge house.
My Brain: Dude, that's the show. Bill had to shine shoes and deliver groceries to make money before he finally got his diploma and then got an athletic scholarship to Temple.

Me: True. Its hard to remember that because the show is called "The Cosby Show", and its actually about the Huxtable family. Separating fact from fiction becomes a challenge when there's such parallels. Its like the DaVinci code, almost. Hillman=Temple? Why is Theo incapable of walking normally? He hops/jumps everywhere, and always has his mouth open. Is that supposed to encourage African Americans with A.D.D. to live normal lives?
My Brain: William Henry Cosby isn't even an American citizen. Did you know that? He lives in England. He's technically not even an African American. So much for being positive and encouraging.

This blog post was supposed to be cathartic, but I feel a bit more gloomy than when I started. And my allotted lunch-blog time is about to be over.
In all seriousness, I have high hopes for 2009. At least I didn't resolve to address more medical issues in this upcoming year. I just have to save money and lose weight. No bigs, right?

No comments: