Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mean Mr. Mustard

I'm been disgustingly sensitive about my temperment lately. I took an online quiz tonight, What Beatles Character Are You?

I always thought I'd be the chick from Norwegian Wood, or maybe even Jude, since Jude is my favorite name. Alas, after 40+ questions, I was presented with the following:

You are: Mean Mr. Mustard

You scored 32 shyness, 36 bitterness, 40 moral, and 43 eccentric!

You are Mean Mr. Mustard, from Abbey Road! You're perpetually grumpy, and probably don't give a crap about what others think of you. Your friends probably adore your crustiness as mere eccentricity, but you tend to put people off. "Takes him out to look at the queen Only place that he's ever been Always shouts out something obscene Such a dirty old man"

Wow. But yeah, I guess it's true. Especially the Dirty Old Man part.

I had lunch with my Momma and my Broski at Applebees today before they carted me to the grocery, and I abruptly asked my mom: "Hey, do you think I'm negative?"

I had been crafting the question since last night, but it came out with such ferver that it was perfect and I'm glad I placed it candidly.

She replied with the most perfect stream of conciousness ever:

"Negative? Like, how? Like, down in general, or like a realist? No... wait. You're always really upbeat. But you don't take shit from anyone, you call a spade a spade. And that doesn't make you negative. That makes you strong and reliable. Oh, and you don't tolerate people who can't handle the truth. I think that's why people like you."

Mom. Wow. I love you - seriously. You just negated the stupid online Beatles quiz, and got quoted on my blog for making me feel awesome. <3>

No comments: